MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index MadMinute Games Message Board
This forum is for the people modding and playing TC2M games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log File not Working

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ederer3
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Log File not Working Reply with quote

Has anyone had problems with their log file not functioning correctly?? Mine has about 4 lines in it and it never updates or changes??
Davinci
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Log File not Working Reply with quote

Ederer3 wrote:
Has anyone had problems with their log file not functioning correctly?? Mine has about 4 lines in it and it never updates or changes??

The only thing that I can think of would be that the Log File - has been set to Read Only - Right Click -Log FIle - Select Properties - and make sure that the Read Only is un-checked!

davinci
Zeke
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Davinci said Ederer3...... also before opening it click F5 that should force it to update to the last recorded log.

Ulysses S. Grant's comment's seeing Meades newly commissioned, red and silver embossed Eagle Army HQ Pendant.
Ederer3
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks fellas. Im going to try to get it to work tonight so i can see what i'm doing wrong on these Atlanta oobs. Appreciate the help as always
Davinci
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ederer3 wrote:
Ok thanks fellas. Im going to try to get it to work tonight so i can see what i'm doing wrong on these Atlanta oobs. Appreciate the help as always

Hey, does the Atlanta OOB use any other types of Flags with the units, this could also be your problem, and it would crash the game.

davinci
Ederer3
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i asked Zeke he said just the ones that came with the CMP I believe. I went last night and my log wasn't set on read-only and I tried the F5 button like Zeke said and it didnt update. I'm not sure what to do I cant believe it doesnt work.
remus
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ederer 3

If I might suggest try moving from your open play folder the last OOB that you installed into your folder. I have had similar things happen and that was the cause for me

Remus
Ederer3
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remus, I appreciate the reply I will try that when I get home but I have added so many oob's I'm not sure which one is the last one I put in there. Was your log file not updating?
Davinci
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don’t know the correct answer here, but have you tried moving the game directly onto the C : Drive - , or to put it another way – not in the Program Files – directory !

davinci
remus
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ederer3

I have had a few times in the past where I added a new OOB and when I clicked open play my game just shut down. There had been no problem until this OOB was installed. I removed it and the game played as normal.

It might be an idea to remove all your OOBs and then try replacing them one at a time. Use an OOB that you know worked in the past if this works then replace one at a time until you find the one that causes the problem.

When I have modded some OOBs myself I have experienced partially loading of the log but no clear indication of the problem. Generally it has been a mistake in the Data files that allow the OOB to work. Sometimes something as simple as having an extra space in a file.

Hope this helps
Remus
Ederer3
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Im at a loss I tried a fresh install last night just to see if my log file would update and it didn't??? I made sure it wasnt on read-only so I'm not sure what the problem is. It always worked fine with my desktop and XP. If anyone has an idea let me know. As always Thank YOu...
ADukes
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davinci wrote:
I really don’t know the correct answer here, but have you tried moving the game directly onto the C : Drive - , or to put it another way – not in the Program Files – directory !

Old Peter wrote:
In your folder their should be a tab at the top that says Compatibility Files. Click on that and my log shows up. I don't know if that will help, but I hope so.

Community Mod Pack / TC2M - Deutsche Webseite
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: