MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index MadMinute Games Message Board
This forum is for the people modding and playing TC2M games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with using mods

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
principalmusician
Regimental Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Help with using mods Reply with quote

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum but I've been playing TC2M for a while now. Been getting my butt kicked as the Union (there's always 2 more reb divisions showing up..), but my questions is about the mods. I downloaded and installed the patch 3 English and then downloaded and installed the CMP 3, but I don't see any new things available. I was hoping to get out of the impossible situation that Pope put his army in and play somewhere else. Can you help?

YOS,
principal musician
Rudy
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear to me what you are asking.

There are a number of additional OOB's and maps that come with the CMP 3.0.

And go to the sticky "Where can I download mods" at the top of this page for sites that have maps, OOB's, etc.

Or read through this page for links to new maps, battles, scenarios, etc.
principalmusician
Regimental Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy wrote:
It's not clear to me what you are asking.

There are a number of additional OOB's and maps that come with the CMP 3.0.

And go to the sticky "Where can I download mods" at the top of this page for sites that have maps, OOB's, etc.

Or read through this page for links to new maps, battles, scenarios, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the scenarios located at the bottom of the mods page but they won't load. The Buford scenario, for example, comes up with a message "Level not Found" and shuts down. The Antietam scenario won't load at all -- just loads for days and nothing happens. I do get the new OOB for Antietam (just cause I know who was there) but I ran an artillery defence and no CSA troops ever showed up. In real life that was probably a good thing, but for game play we just sat there and stared at the countryside! Anyway, I'm just new to this modding thing and am a bit puzzled about what I should do.

YOS,
principal musician
GrayGhost
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome principalmusician, from a former principaltrumpet

"Level not Found" indicates the map isn't installed. I'd guess a bad install (check your target - TC2M) or a newer OS prob. State your OS, try another install, report back, and the cavalry will arrive to save your day. Very Happy
principalmusician
Regimental Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrayGhost wrote:
Welcome principalmusician, from a former principaltrumpet

"Level not Found" indicates the map isn't installed. I'd guess a bad install (check your target - TC2M) or a newer OS prob. State your OS, try another install, report back, and the cavalry will arrive to save your day. Very Happy

OK. I run the installs again. I'll check to be sure the maps are in CMP3.

YOS
principal musician
Davinci
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

principalmusician wrote:

If the CMP3 was loaded correctly, you should see the CMP3 Logo - when the game starts.

Also, some of the maps were developed after the CMP3 was made, so those maps will not be included with the CMP3 setup.

Welcome , to the forums!

davinci
principalmusician
Regimental Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davinci wrote:
principalmusician wrote:

If the CMP3 was loaded correctly, you should see the CMP3 Logo - when the game starts.

Also, some of the maps were developed after the CMP3 was made, so those maps will not be included with the CMP3 setup.

Welcome , to the forums!

davinci

Thanks. I realize what was wrong. The folder that CMP3 wants to put the files in is spelled differently than my TC2M folder. I got it all now. However, I need to figure out why my video keeps stopping now... I can't imagine that this game demands a really high end card.
GrayGhost
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I need to figure out why my video keeps stopping now... I can't imagine that this game demands a really high end card.

Not really, still, the big battles with everything on high rez are RAM guzzlers. My old 5900XT, 128 Mb card struggled...had to use medium options or it would bog down bad with lots of sprites in play.

What's your rig's specs?
Davinci
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

principalmusician wrote:
OK. I run the installs again. However, I need to figure out why my video keeps stopping now... I can't imagine that this game demands a really high end card.

Another tip - would be to delete the movie in the movie folder, once you have seen it, well, you've seen it!

Also - do a google search to find out how to increase your virtual memory , this should also help you out.

davinci
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: