MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index MadMinute Games Message Board
This forum is for the people modding and playing TC2M games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Scale / Size

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobutu
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Map Scale / Size Reply with quote

Greetings Modders,

For a future command simulation like the one Colonel Kooch is running in the Command and Staff School, I would like to put a scale on a map so that commanders can reference distances in approximate yards.

Can anyone tell me how many yards it would be across the Cedar Ridge Map running East to West?

Thanks,

Mobutu
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobutu
Well, I donít really have the correct answer to your question, but a few years ago one of the modders did change a feature in the game that showed yards in the display.

I canít remember which modder changed what, but if I had to guess, it was either ADukes, or Wrangler .

I can tell you that the maps are 2048 x 2048 , which represents two miles running from east to west .

One mile equals 1760 yards , so that would give you 3520 yards across the map, but how you would come up with the conversion, I have no idea!

davinci
7th Wisconsin
Division Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we're on the subject... I've seen modded maps at 2.33 miles and 3 miles. Was it ever decided what was the "optimum" map size?
mobutu
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davinci wrote:
Mobutu
Well, I donít really have the correct answer to your question, but a few years ago one of the modders did change a feature in the game that showed yards in the display.

I canít remember which modder changed what, but if I had to guess, it was either ADukes, or Wrangler .

I can tell you that the maps are 2048 x 2048 , which represents two miles running from east to west .

One mile equals 1760 yards , so that would give you 3520 yards across the map, but how you would come up with the conversion, I have no idea!

davinci

That is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
MadMinute Team
MadMinute Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7th Wisconsin wrote:
As long as we're on the subject... I've seen modded maps at 2.33 miles and 3 miles. Was it ever decided what was the "optimum" map size?

You can make a larger map, but it will represent the terrain that is some-what compacted into a two mile area.

I think that there are some hardcoded values playing in the background that prevents maps from being a different size, than the default maps.

But, that is just my opinion.

So, if you make a two mile map, or a three mile map, when the units get within the hardcoded value of 30-40 yards , I canít remember the melee charge radius, they will still charge, no matter what the terrain value (i.eÖmap distance) equals.

I think that the firing is also hardcoded, so this also has to be taken into consideration when changing the size of the maps.

davinci
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: