MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index MadMinute Games Message Board
This forum is for the people modding and playing TC2M games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BULL RUN ReDux CMP3.0 or 4.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeke
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: BULL RUN ReDux CMP3.0 or 4.0 Reply with quote

Here you go guys I've been rather quiet for a while due to a illness in the family however, introducing for the coming anniversary this month of this epic engagement

Confederate Scenario ready for playing......

http://www.mediafire.com/?89idrhq9cw5981x

A Complete Overview of the battle that I have written is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bh22clbd9uxu98

Credits
New Excellently researched OOB - Joshua l.Chamberlain
Mark T - for the orginal Scenario
Crikey - assistance with SOW Sprites and smoke mod
Gunship and davinci - Sprites
Chonaman and Sharpshooter for keeping the game alive!

and all you TC2M fans for playing the game

Requirements:

CMP 3.0 or CMP 4.0 (Update tested in CMP4.0 works fine Cool )
Patch 3
LoRes Sprites Only

Simply download and drop the folder into your scenario's folder and your good to go!

Several new sprites including Union and Confederate officers inported sow sprites Garibaldi Guard, 1st Minnesota red shirts, imported Bull Run Sprites and More ......Please take time to read the overview of the battle

Coming soon(ish) Bull Run Redux - Union what if

Enjoy

Zeke

Ulysses S. Grant's comment's seeing Meades newly commissioned, red and silver embossed Eagle Army HQ Pendant.
Chonaman
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Duper stuff here! I know we're in the summer doldrums at the moment, with many of us away or sitting by the pool. But there is great content for TC2M players when they return to the battlefields! Very Happy

Well done Zeke & contributors!
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chonaman wrote:
Super-Duper stuff here! I know we're in the summer doldrums at the moment, with many of us away or sitting by the pool. But there is great content for TC2M players when they return to the battlefields! Very Happy

Well done Zeke & contributors!

There will be some nice stuff for all you lucky dudes on holidays Cool we dont need a pool to cool off in the UK at the moment we just go outside and stand in the soddin rain!!! Evil or Very Mad

Ulysses S. Grant's comment's seeing Meades newly commissioned, red and silver embossed Eagle Army HQ Pendant.
william alexander carter
Division Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there is still no second Union attack, even when I redid the scenario. Why not?
Zeke
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

william alexander carter wrote:
Ok, there is still no second Union attack, even when I redid the scenario. Why not?

I'll have a look later see if I can replicate in cmp4 anyone else had this happen?

sharpshooter
Division Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great zeke !

This is only low res sprites tho ? I thought SOW imports was Hi-res only?
Chonaman
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke wrote:
william alexander carter wrote:

I'll have a look later see if I can replicate in cmp4 anyone else had this happen?

CMP 4 would have not any influence on events in a scenario since the game engine is exactly the same as CMP 3. If there were any incompatibility issues, the game would fail from the start.

I'd be happy to help if we need to run side-by-side tests on CMP 3 and 4 since they are both on my PC.
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - CMP4.0 is fine with the scenario. I had a play tonight and couldnt replicate this. It did happen once in testing but I simply reloaded the scenario and I havent had it happen to me again.

Zeke
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpshooter wrote:
Looks great zeke !

Hey Sharpshooter how ya doin! I've used the lo-res SOW models as my other reskins are all lo-res unfortunately.

sharpshooter
Division Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
Looks great zeke !

Hey Sharpshooter how ya doin! I've used the lo-res SOW models as my other reskins are all lo-res unfortunately.

May I ask why you went with lo res sprites ? The hi res looks so much better IMHO.
Chonaman
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpshooter wrote:
Zeke wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
Looks great zeke !

May I ask why you went with lo res sprites ? The hi res looks so much better IMHO.

No doubt. I think it may have been an issue of time? And, oh yeah, there's another game still selling copies at a much better price? Shocked Cool Instead of doing a full hi-res reskin, it probably made sense to finish the low-res version first... Damn. High-Res sprites would have been cool too.
Corp Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chonaman wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
Zeke wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
Looks great zeke !

No doubt. I think it may have been an issue of time? And, oh yeah, there's another game still selling copies at a much better price? Shocked Cool Instead of doing a full hi-res reskin, it probably made sense to finish the low-res version first... Damn. High-Res sprites would have been cool too.

Yes time quite a bit more work to do in Hi-Res - although I'm getting better!

I'm also looking at some better tools PaintNet is fantastic for a Free product and works well with DDS files (some paid for products don't support DDS) but for higher res work not so hot - I had a go at Mounted Indians and Virginia Cavalry and the results were'nt great

Any suggestions for Art tools?..... Im all ears!

Chonaman
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke wrote:
Chonaman wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
Zeke wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
Looks great zeke !

Yes time quite a bit more work to do in Hi-Res - although I'm getting better!

I'm also looking at some better tools PaintNet is fantastic for a Free product and works well with DDS files (some paid for products don't support DDS) but for higher res work not so hot - I had a go at Mounted Indians and Virginia Cavalry and the results were'nt great

Any suggestions for Art tools?..... Im all ears!

I'm not clear on what limitations zeke is finding with PDN, but would be happy to discuss. Please PM me?
Brigade Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zeke,

I've DL'd this mod, and I like it, but I have an issue with the sprites for three units. As you can see in the picutre, the 11thNY "First Fire Zouaves" and the two 1st Special Battalion of LA Infantry (under Evans) both show up just "whited out" like this.

I don't know what is wrong with the sprites, but I would be compeltly happy to just use a regualr working sprite. However, i cannot seem to find where in the .csv files this happens. I went through everything I could find: the units, unitsprites, textures, etc. and everywhere I found a line with 11NY I replaced it cells to the right of it with the lines for the 9th NY which does work and is a "regular" sprite I beleive. (So the regimetns of 11NY claims to be associated with the sprite file for the 9th NY). No matter what I change in the CSV files, the in-game appearance never changes.

ANy advice? Again, it would be great if the fire zouave sprite worked, but I would be just as happy with ANY sprite, just not the white blob. Of course, I want all THREE units to be fixed, as well...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"...and we will attack valiantly and be butchered valiantly, and afterward men will thump their chests and say what a brave charge it was." (Brig. Gen. John Buford in The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara)
Chonaman
Presidential Candidate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game is running but you can't see the sprites, my guess is that the sprite file format is 'slightly' off. Sprites are in .dds format, but there are a couple of different .dds formats available. I'm loading the mod now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MadMinute Games Message Board Forum Index -> TC2M Modder's Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: